Sonntag, 22. Mai 2011

"He's still an icon, always will be" -- a message from Eric Burdon

Back in 2006, Eric Burdon had this to say when I asked him for a message for Bob's birthday:

"I don't wanna go pissin' Bob off, over and over again [Chuckles]...    
I'm just... I'm just as happy that he's around, and that he's still gigging,
and that he's still... you know...  is... you know....
The only thing that I could say about Bob is... you know...
'Come on, let's have a song about Iraq'
you know...  
I mean, 'Let's get down... let's get down to it'
you know....
Aahh... you know... but... you know... no, 
he's done his work, and he did it well,
and he's still an icon, always will be... 
and...  he stands for a lot....
Over the years, I've loved his variable bands
and the way he's approached his material in a different way, without caring what people think,
you know...
You know... but it's pretty hard... it must be pretty difficult to be Bob Dylan, you know...!"



© Manfred Helfert 2006
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen